As always there have been a lot happenings at Betis in the past week or two. We’ve had new signings, big players going, season ticket sales, part of the stadium being knocked down and three new kits shown off to the media and fans alike.
Sanabria to Betis almost a done deal after rejecting Spurs
Betis have already made 6 very good signing (on paper at least) – all of whom I wrote about here. In that post I mentioned that the club are still looking for at least 4 more players and one of these looks like it’s going to be Antonio ‘Tony’ Sanabria, which I think could be an even more exciting prospects than the others!
There is a bit of an underlying rumbling passing through el Benito Villamarín at the minute and for once it’s firmly towards the positive end of the spectrum. Since that awful December and January run, February and March are proving to be almost diametrically opposite.
After 12 consecutive games without a win Betis are now:
- 6 games unbeaten (3 wins and 3 draws)
- Scoring goals (!) – that’s 10 goals in the last 5 games compared to 16 goals in 23 games!
- Scored 3 goals in a single la liga match which they haven’t done for almost two years
- Playing decent football which the fans are responding to
- 10 goals in 5 games – did I mention that?